02 March 2011

hold that baby

Yesterday in Melbourne I got this photo of the Manchester Unity facade.
While there I also used an ATM which told me I had zero balance. That's not right, I thought, and pressed 'Withdraw Money' anyhow, and wandered off with my cash.
Today's news of the CommBank software snafu explains it all.

In Sydney there were insane scenes of crowds and cash, but bless his larcenous heart 'Sam of Marrickville got $40' he did not have in his account. $40. Sam seems to know 'context is everything'.

Here is that Manchester Unity facade in context:

In Melbourne 'A 20-year-old man was charged with dishonestly obtaining financial advantage by deception, and my first thought is that new prisons will have to be built if that law was properly applied for godssakes.

Just looked at my account balance and it shows a large balance with no evidence of yesterdays withdrawal.
I feel sorry for the executive in charge of the bank IT
.