Pinterest

06 April 2012

annual chocolate festival


Today I had lunch with my Victorian grandchildren Bon Scott and Billie-Mae. a rare treat.
Ballarat has a huge cross-through-the streets march which I saw close-up one year I lived on the route to St.Columba's, and really there should be chocolate calvarys, but the symbols of new life and rebirth - chickens and rabbits - have eclipsed the whole Easter Monday 'and on the third day He rolled away the stone and was reborn' thing. I enjoy being perverse and wishing people a safe and Holy Easter.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, the joys of Grandparenthood. You can feed the little loves with mountains of chocolate and then leave the parents to deal with the sugar overload. A Happy Pagan Eostre to you,Annie dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter and Long Live Jim Marshall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bunny ears.
    I did not buy any Easter eggs, always vile chocolate that tastes like last year's batch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madame Melba I used an entire pack of wipes cleaning them up during that lunch.
    YakSox - his legacy lingers loudly forever.
    JahTeh - because they are all made about 10 months ago. Next, the makers use the returned unsold eggs to coat snowballs. I must tell you that I nearly fell off chair when StillLifeWithCat who never comes near me in any way despite my 1000 comments at her blog over the past 6 years, actually commented on the kids photo at fucbook. I am speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - you are a very young looking Grannie you know - maybe one day I will be one - but for now its not the right time - will happen if and when it does

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just got awarded.
    I also awarded our Armagnacd but he has that hideous two word verification that refuses to show up on my computer. Be a dear and tell him.

    ReplyDelete