Pinterest

29 October 2009

Bunker Hill update

So hot today the kangaroos went into the dam (click for zoom-in).
That's the 6AM view West from my bed in Western Victoria that I woke up to this morning (just as I saw a fox). The Waubra wind turbines are on the horizon and have red flashing lights in the night. Below is the view from the table I'm sitting at now. My week in the paddocks is done and I was loathe to leave.
Meanwhile over atMarshall Stacks there is evidence of the innocence of Colin Hay.

8 comments:

  1. Look at the field of brilliant yellow rape seed. I like wind farm towers in ones or twos. They look elegant. Not so keen on mass planting like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah its still so green - long may that last :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that green really set in Victoria. It's hard to believe. Our dams are 37.7 % full, slightly up on last year. Wonderful to see that our land can still be green in places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya I was surprised to see bits of where the cycle racing was on the GOR the other week and seeing it rainging in Torquay. It rains heaps here but I'm always happy to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "That's the view West of western Victoria from my bed..."

    I know there's a recession on, but I didn't realise you'd been reduced to sleeping in a field.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God. You poor thing. That's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just beautiful - maybe they will stay away longer???

    ReplyDelete